I think what ABA does better than anybody is our work on policy and really representing the baking industry and even the food manufacturing industry at large.
The American Bakers Association is the only bakery-specific national and state trade association, delivering results on priorities affecting one of the largest sectors of the food and beverage industry. ABA’s services reflect the collective needs of the entire wholesale baking industry, and those needs are changing.
A dedicated team of in-house legislative and regulatory experts promotes, supports, and drives positive results for the highly specific business needs of the baking industry.
From workforce challenges to commodity volatility within a shifting and sometimes explosive legislative and regulatory landscape, the work of the ABA has never been more critical to effectively lead positive change on behalf of the baking industry.
ABA's training, education, and leadership programs are tailor-made for nearly 800K baking industry employees.
Our exclusive professional development programs are dedicated to helping Member companies promote and grow the industry's most important ingredient: our workforce.
- ABA's Bakers Manufacturing Academy's best-in-class training solutions provide industry-specific, technical education for bakery production employees.
- NextGenBaker leadership training is dedicated to developing the industry's rising leaders.
- Leadership Development for Front Line Professionals is the baking industry's go-to training for employees encountering new challenges as rising plant-level supervisors.
- IncuBAKER is the baking industry's opportunity to step off the plant floor and out of the office to brainstorm and plan the bakery of tomorrow.
Throughout the country, the baking industry connects with ABA. Virtual and in-person gatherings provide opportunities for everyone from executive leaders to entry-level employees.
- ABA Convention is the premier annual event for baking industry leaders.
- ABA TechCon connects all bakery operations and manufacturing professionals from around the world.
- ABA Webinars explore dynamic topics based on the needs of ABA Members and are available at any time on ABA’s On-Demand Webinar Portal.
- Professionals Groups events are a major facet of ABA’s strength. Professionals Groups events join ABA Member company representatives in related fields and positions to explore, develop, and guide new and emerging baking industry issues.
- Co-owned by ABA, the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE) is the Western Hemisphere’s largest baking industry trade show and the U.S. grain sector’s most important event.
An exclusive benefit of Membership, ABA's Professionals Groups bring together the collective knowledge and experience of our Members’ issues experts to explore, develop, and align the baking industry’s priorities.
Members-only, industry-specific research collects and analyzes custom consumer data, economic statistics, and in-depth workforce surveys to provide actionable information to help promote and grow the baking industry.
Sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities for ABA’s programs and events are exclusive for Members. There are several ways to sponsor through ABA, including in-person and virtual events, and programs such as the Bakers Manufacturing Academy, NextGenBaker, Front Line Leadership Training, and IncuBAKER.
Learn more about sponsorship and exhibiting.
The contacts and leads I have gained by being a Member of ABA have not only helped me grow our business, my membership has enabled me to give back to an industry and an organization I truly believe in.