Bread Quality Course
• Fully digitized through the Academy Portal
• Duration: 3 hours, up to six-weeks to finish.
• Available languages: English & Spanish
• Final Test: 80% Final GPA to receive certificate.
1. The course comprises of seven (7) modules.Begin the course with an independent study by reading the syllabus and accessing lesson. Each interactive module has built-in knowledge checks to test your understanding throughout the course.
2. The course has one (1) final test that includes a comprehensive exam covering subject matters from all chapters. You will have unlimited attempts to pass the test within the six-week enrollment period. You must score a final GPA of 80% or higher on the final test to pass and receive the graduation certification.
3. Plan to complete the lessons in order. Some activities will not be accessible until you have completed a required activity before it.
✓ Use ash, moisture, protein, and falling number test results to identify needed corrections to the process or formulation.
✓ Compare typical dough rheology tests.
✓ Determine possible corrections for off-target pH/TTA readings.
✓ Identify quality attributes of white pan bread.
✓ Identify common finished product faults for white pan bread.
Module 1: Introduction to Quality
Module 2: Flour Quality Testing
Module 3: Dough Rheological Properties of Flour
Module 4: pH & TTA
Module 5: Finished Product Evaluation
Module 6: Finished Product Faults
Module 7: Finished Product Tests