On March 8, 2021, at 1 pm EST, this webinar covers the many considerations for employers as employees in the baking industry become eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Attendees will learn about the unique and evolving issues tied to the COVID-19 vaccine, including:
- An update on priorities for distribution of the vaccine and the manner in which such decisions are made
- A review of the legal issues that need to be addressed in any vaccination program developed by employers
- Requests to be excused from vaccination programs based on (1) religious beliefs, practices, or observances under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act or (2) medical conditions and/or disabilities covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Benefits-related issues, including encouraging vaccinations as part of an employer's wellness program
- Wage and hour issues, such as vaccine costs, compensable time, and the treatment of monetary incentives
- Employee safety, workers' compensation, and privacy-related issues
- Implementation of vaccination programs in a unionized setting, as well as the potential impact of the anti-vaccination movement and any "concerted protected activity"
- Practical takeaways for employers.
Please submit questions in advance to Lauren Williams, contact below.